Monday, August 1, 2011

Welcome to the blog for "FROM: questions & answers" a documentary photography project by Linda Maria Thompson. I often hesitate to answer this question,“Where are you from?” Having been born in Sweden and raised in the United States, I have no clear answer.

Through documentary photography I strive to find resolution to questions about identity and place on both a personal and political scale. I am drawn to the inherent tensions between the concepts of viewer & subject, insider & outsider and native & immigrant. Each of my photographs is an attempt to find balance between individual and environment with regards to identity and place.

"FROM: questions & answers" explores the relationship between individual and place by examining the common conversation-starter "
So, where are you from?"


The project which is part of my masters studies at Mid-Sweden University and will also result in a collaborative exhibit with fellow VODA photographers in 2014. The project includes a crowd-sourced component. To contribute photographs to this project please visit the project page on Facebook.

To learn more about me, please visit www.lindamthompson.com

No comments:

Post a Comment